10724. Those in whom reign the love of self and the love of the world, do not know what heaven is, and what is the happiness of heaven, and it appears incredible to them that there is any happiness in other loves than these; when yet the happiness of heaven enters only insofar as these loves are removed, as ends. The happiness which succeeds on their removal is so great that it surpasses all man's apprehension.
1. And Moses gathered together all the assemblage of the sons of Israel, and said unto them, These are the words which Jehovah hath commanded, to do them.
2. Six days shall work be done, and on the seventh day there shall be to you holiness, a Sabbath of Sabbath to Jehovah; everyone doing work therein shall die.
3. Ye shall not kindle a fire in all your dwellings on the Sabbath day.
4. And Moses said unto all the assemblage of the sons of Israel, saying, This is the word which Jehovah commanded, saying,
5. Take ye from among you an offering to Jehovah; everyone that is willing in his heart shall bring it, an offering of Jehovah; gold, and silver, and brass;
6. And blue, and crimson, and scarlet double-eyed, and fine linen, and goats' [hair];
7. And skins of red rams, and badgers,* skins, and shittim wood;
8. And oil for the luminary, and spices for the oil of anointing, and for the incense of spices;
9. And onyx stones, and stones for filling, for the ephod, and for the breastplate.
10. And let everyone that is wise in heart among you come, and make all things that Jehovah hath commanded;
11. The Habitation, its Tent, and its covering, its hooks, and its planks, its bars, its pillars, and its bases;
12. The ark, and the staves thereof, the propitiatory, and the veil of the covering;
13. The table, and its staves, and all its vessels; and the bread of faces;
14. And the lampstand of the luminary, and its vessels, and its lamps, and the oil of the luminary;
15. And the altar of incense, and its staves, and the oil of anointing, and the incense of spices, and the covering of the door, at the door of the Habitation;
16. The altar of burnt-offering, and its grating of brass, its staves, and all its vessels; the laver and its base;
17. The hangings of the court, the pillars thereof, and their bases, and the covering for the gate of the court;
18. The pegs of the Habitation, and the pegs of the court, and their cords;
19. The garments of ministry, to minister in the holy, the garments of holiness for Aaron the priest, and the garments of his sons, to minister in the priest's office;
20. And all the assemblage of the sons of Israel went out from before Moses.
21. And they came, every man whom his heart impelled, and everyone whom his spirit moved him willingly, brought an offering of Jehovah, for the work of the Tent of meeting, and for all the ministry thereof, and for the garments of holiness.
22. And they came, the men with the women, everyone willing in heart, and brought a clasp, and an earring, and a ring, and a girdle, every vessel of gold; and every man that waved a wave-offering of gold to Jehovah.
23. And every man with whom was found blue, and crimson, and scarlet double-dyed, and fine linen, and goats' [hair], and skins of red rams, and badgers' skins, brought them.
24. Everyone lifting an offering of silver and of brass brought an offering of Jehovah; and every man with whom was found shittim wood for any work of the ministry, brought it.
25. And every woman wise in heart did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, the blue, and the crimson, the scarlet double-dyed, and the fine linen.
26. And all the women whose heart impelled them in wisdom spun the goats' [hair].
27. And the princes brought the onyx stones, and the stones for filling, for the ephod, and for the breastplate;
28. And the spice, and the oil for the luminary, and for the oil of anointing, and for the incense of spices.
29. Every man and woman whom their heart moved willingly to bring for all the work which Jehovah had commanded to be made by the hand of Moses, the sons of Israel brought, a willing offering to Jehovah.
30. And Moses said unto the sons of Israel, See ye, Jehovah hath called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah;
31. And He hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in intelligence, and in knowledge, and in all work;
32. And to think thoughts, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass;
33. And in graving of stone for filling, and in carving of wood, to do in all work of thought.
34. And he hath put into his heart to teach, into him and into Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan.
35. He hath filled them with wisdom of heart, to do all work of the craftsman, and of the thinker, and of the embroiderer, in blue, and in crimson, in scarlet double-dyed, and in fine linen, and of the weaver, of those who do all work, and of those who think thoughts.
* Latin, pelles melium. "Badgers" is the usual rendering of meles. But in Adversaria, Exodus, n. 1297, Swedenborg says that these meles are mares haedorum, "the males of kids," which would agree with what is here said of them. It is difficult to believe that a badger has a higher signification than a ram. [REVISER.]