10781. Be it known that there is providence and there is foresight. Good is that which is provided by the Lord, but evil is that which is foreseen by the Lord. The one must be with the other, for that which comes from man is nothing but evil; but that which comes from the Lord is nothing but good.
1. And he made the altar of burnt-offering of shittim wood, five cubits the length thereof, and five cubits the breadth thereof, foursquare; and three cubits the height thereof.
2. And he made the horns of it upon the four corners thereof, out of it were its horns; and he overlaid it with brass.
3. And he made all the vessels of the altar; the pans, and the shovels, and the basins, and the fleshhooks, and the fire-tongs; all the vessels thereof made he of brass.
4. And he made for the altar a grating, a network of brass, under the compass of it beneath, even unto the middle of it.
5. And he cast four rings on the four ends of the grating of brass, receptacles for the staves.
6. And he made the staves of shittim wood, and overlaid them with brass.
7. And he put the staves into the rings upon the sides of the altar, to carry it in them; hollow of boards made he it.
8. And he made the laver of brass, and its base of brass, in the view of the ministering women who ministered at the door of the Tent of the meeting.
9. And he made the court at the corner of the south southward; the hangings for the court of fine twined linen, a hundred cubits;
10. The pillars thereof twenty, and their bases twenty, of brass; the hooks of the pillars and their fillets of silver.
11. And at the corner of the north a hundred cubits, the pillars thereof twenty, and their bases twenty, of brass; the hooks of the pillars and their fillets of silver.
12. And at the corner of the sea, hangings of fifty cubits, their pillars ten, and their bases ten; the hooks of the pillars and their fillets of silver.
13. And at the corner of the east eastward fifty cubits.
14. The hangings fifteen cubits at the shoulder; the pillars thereof three, and their bases three.
15. And at the other shoulder, on this side and on that side, at the gate of the court, hangings of fifteen cubits; the pillars thereof three, and their bases three.
16. All the hangings of the court round about were of fine twined linen.
17. And their bases for the pillars were of brass; the hooks of the pillars and their fillets of silver; and their heads were overlaid with silver, and these were furnished with fillets of silver, all the pillars of the court.
18. And the covering for the gate of the court with the work of the embroiderer; of blue, and crimson, and scarlet double-dyed, and fine twined linen; and twenty cubits the length, and the height in the breadth five cubits, over against the hangings of the court.
19. And the pillars thereof were four, and their bases four, of brass; their hooks of silver, and their heads and their fillets were overlaid with silver.
20. And all the pegs for the Habitation, and for the court round about, were of brass.
21. This is the number of the things for the Habitation, the Habitation of the Testimony, as they were numbered upon the mouth of Moses, for the ministry of the Levites, by the hand of Ithamar, the son of Aaron the priest.
22. And Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, made all that Jehovah commanded Moses;
23. And with him Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, a craftsman, and a thinker, and an embroiderer in blue, and in crimson, and in scarlet double-dyed, and in fine linen.
24. All the gold that was wrought for the work in all the work of holiness, even the gold of the wave-offering, was nine and twenty talents, and seven hundred and thirty shekels, in the shekel of holiness.
25. And the silver of them that were numbered of the assemblage was a hundred talents, and a thousand seven hundred and seventy-five shekels, in the shekel of holiness.
26. A beka a head, the half of a shekel in the shekel of holiness, for everyone that passed over upon them that were numbered, from a son of twenty years and upward, for six hundred thousand and three thousand and five hundred and fifty [men].
27. And it was [that] a hundred talents of silver were for casting the bases of holiness, and the bases of the veil; a hundred bases for the hundred talents, a talent for a base.
28. And of the thousand seven hundred and seventy-five shekels he made hooks for the pillars, and overlaid their heads, and adorned them with fillets.
29. And the brass of the wave-offering was seventy talents, and two thousand and four hundred shekels.
30. And therewith he made the bases of the door of the Tent of meeting, and the altar of brass, and the grating of brass for it, and all the vessels of the altar.
31. And the bases of the court round about, and the bases of the gate of the court, and all the pegs of the Habitation, and all the pegs of the court round about.