72. At the end of this chapter, accordingly, I am allowed to tell how man is raised from the dead and enters into the life of eternity.
1. And the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the army of them.
2. And on the seventh day God finished His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made.
3. And God blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it, because that in it He rested from all His work which God in making created.
4. These are the nativities of the heavens and of the earth when He created them, in the day in which Jehovah God made the earth and the heavens. 5. And there was no shrub of the field as yet in the earth, and there was no herb of the field as yet growing, because Jehovah God had not caused it to rain upon the earth. And there was no man to till the ground.
6. And He made a mist to ascend from the earth, and watered all the faces of the ground.
7. And Jehovah God formed man, dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of lives, and man became a living soul.
8. And Jehovah God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.
9. And out of the ground made Jehovah God to grow every tree desirable to behold, and good for food; the tree of lives also, in the midst of the garden; and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
10. And a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from thence it was parted, and was into four heads.
11. The name of the first is Pishon; that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold.
12. And the gold of that land is good; there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13. And the name of the second river is Gihon; the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Cush.
14. And the name of the third river is Hiddekel; that is it which goeth eastward toward Assyria; and the fourth river is Euphrates.
15. And Jehovah God took the man, and put him in the garden of Eden, to till it and take care of it.
16. And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden eating thou mayest eat.
17. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof, dying thou shalt die.