7377. But they are not in these loves who aspire to honors not for the sake of themselves, but for the sake of their country; and who aspire to wealth not for the sake of wealth, but for the sake of the necessaries of life, both for themselves and for their families, also for the sake of the good use on account of which the wealth delights them. With such persons honors and riches are means of imparting benefits.
1. And Jehovah said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch forth thy hand with thy rod over the streams, over the rivers, and over the pools, and cause frogs to come up upon the land of Egypt.
2. And Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt.
3. And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments, and caused frogs to come up upon the land of Egypt.
4. And Pharaoh called Moses and Aaron, and said, Supplicate ye unto Jehovah that He remove the frogs from me and from my people; and I will let the people go, that they may sacrifice to Jehovah.
5. And Moses said unto Pharaoh, Have thou honor over me, till when shall I supplicate for thee, and for thy servants, and for thy people, to cut off the frogs from thee, and from thy houses? Only in the river shall they be left.
6. And he said, Unto the morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word; that thou mayest know that there is none like Jehovah our God.
7. And the frogs shall be removed from thee, and from thy houses, and from thy servants, and from thy people; only in the river shall they be left.
8. And Moses and Aaron went out from before Pharaoh; and Moses cried unto Jehovah upon the word of the frogs which He had laid on Pharaoh.
9. And Jehovah did according to the word of Moses; and the frogs died out of the houses, out of the courts, and out of the fields.
10. And they gathered them together in heaps and heaps; and the land stank.
11. And Pharaoh saw that there was breathing, and he made heavy his heart, and heard them not, as Jehovah had spoken.
12. And Jehovah said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch out thy rod, and smite the dust of the land, and it shall become lice in all the land of Egypt.
13. And they did so; and Aaron stretched out his hand with his rod, and smote the dust of the land, and there was louse on man and on beast; all the dust of the land became louse in all the land of Egypt.
14. And the magicians did so with their enchantments to bring forth lice, and they could not; and there was louse on man and on beast.
15. And the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God; and Pharaoh's heart was made firm, and he heard them not, as Jehovah had spoken.
16. And Jehovah said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh; lo, he goeth forth unto the waters; and say unto him, Thus saith Jehovah, Let My people go, that they may serve Me.
17. For if thou let not My people go, behold I send against thee, and against thy servants, and against thy people, and into thy houses, the noisome fly; and the houses of the Egyptians shall be filled with the noisome fly, and also the land whereon they are.
18. And I will sever in that day the land of Goshen, upon which My people stand, that no noisome fly be there; to the end that thou mayest know that I am Jehovah in the midst of the land.
19. And I will set redemption between My people and thy people; unto the morrow shall this sign be.
20. And Jehovah did so; and there came the grievous noisome fly into the house of Pharaoh, and into the house of his servants, and into all the land of Egypt; the land was destroyed from before the noisome fly.
21. And Pharaoh called Moses and Aaron, and said, Go ye, sacrifice to your God in the land.
22. And Moses said, It is not meet to do so, for we shall sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians to Jehovah our God; lo, we shall sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians unto their eyes, and will they not stone us?
23. We will go a way of three days into the wilderness, and will sacrifice to Jehovah our God, as He hath said unto us.
24. And Pharaoh said, I will let you go, and ye shall sacrifice to Jehovah your God in the wilderness; only ye shall not go very far away; supplicate for me.
25. And Moses said, Behold I go forth from thee, and I will supplicate unto Jehovah that He may remove the noisome fly from Pharaoh, from his servants, and from his people, tomorrow; only let not Pharaoh mock anymore in not letting the people go to sacrifice to Jehovah.
26. And Moses went out from Pharaoh, and he supplicated unto Jehovah.
27. And Jehovah did according to the word of Moses; and He removed the noisome fly from Pharaoh, from his servants, and from his people; there was not one left.
28. And Pharaoh made heavy his heart this time also, and he did not let the people go.