8124. He who is in charity toward the neighbor from internal affection is a charity toward the neighbor in everything which he thinks and speaks, and which he wills and does. It can be said that as to his interiors a man or an angel is a charity when good is to him the neighbor. So widely does charity toward the neighbor extend.
1. And Jehovah spake unto Moses, saying,
2. Speak unto the sons of Israel, that they turn back and encamp before Pi-hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, before Baal-zephon: over against it shall ye encamp by the sea.
3. And Pharaoh will say of the sons of Israel, They are entangled in the land, the wilderness hath shut upon them.
4. And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he shall follow after them; and I will be glorified in Pharaoh, and in all his army; and the Egyptians shall know that I am Jehovah. And they did so.
5. And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled; and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said, What is this we have done, that we have let Israel go from serving us?
6. And he harnessed his chariot, and took his people with him:
7. And he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt, and tertian captains upon all of them.
8. And Jehovah hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued after the sons of Israel; and the sons of Israel went out with a lofty hand.
9. And the Egyptians pursued after them, and overtook them encamping by the sea, all the horses of the chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, beside Pi-hahiroth before Baal-zephon.
10. And Pharaoh drew nigh, and the sons of Israel lifted up their eyes, and behold the Egyptian marching after them, and they were sore afraid; and the sons of Israel cried unto Jehovah.
11. And they said unto Moses, are there no graves in Egypt, that thou hast taken us to die in the wilderness? Why hast thou done this to us, to lead us forth out of Egypt?
12. Is not this the word that we spake unto thee in Egypt, saying, Cease from us, and let us serve the Egyptians? because it is good for us to serve the Egyptians, rather than that we should die in the wilderness.
13. And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of Jehovah, which He will do for you today; for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more forever.
14. Jehovah shall wage war for you, and ye shall keep silence.
15. And Jehovah said unto Moses, Why criest thou unto Me? speak unto the sons of Israel, that they set forward.
16. And thou, lift up thy rod, and stretch out thy hand over the sea, and cleave it asunder; and the sons of Israel shall come into the midst of the sea on the dry.
17. And I, behold I will harden the heart of the Egyptians, and they shall come after them; and I will be glorified in Pharaoh, and in all his army, in his chariots, and in his horsemen.
18. And the Egyptians shall know that I am Jehovah, when I am glorified in Pharaoh, in his chariots, and in his horsemen.
19. And the angel of God set out, marching before the camp of Israel, and he went behind them; and the pillar of cloud set out from before them and stood behind them:
20. And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness, and it lighted up the night; and the one came not near the other all the night.
21. And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and Jehovah made the sea go away by a strong east wind all the night, and made the sea dry, and the waters were cleft asunder.
22. And the sons of Israel came into the midst of the sea in the dry; and the waters were a wall to them on their right hand, and on their left.
23. And the Egyptians pursued, and came after them, all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen, into the midst of the sea.
24. And it was in the morning watch, and Jehovah looked forth to the camp of the Egyptians in the pillar of fire and of cloud, and troubled the camp of the Egyptians.
25. And He took off the wheel of his chariots, and he drew it in heaviness; and the Egyptian said, I will flee before Israel; because Jehovah wageth war for them against the Egyptians.
26. And Jehovah said unto Moses, Stretch out thy hand over the sea, and let the waters return upon the Egyptians, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
27. And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and the sea returned at the turn of the morning to the strength of its flow; and the Egyptians fled to meet it; and Jehovah shook out the Egyptians into the midst of the sea.
28. And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, even all the army of Pharaoh that came after them into the sea; there was not left of them even one.
29. And the sons of Israel went on the dry into the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall to them on their right hand, and on their left.
30. And Jehovah saved Israel on this day out of the hand of the Egyptians; and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the seashore.
31. And Israel saw the great hand which Jehovah wrought on the Egyptians, and the people feared Jehovah; and they believed in Jehovah, and in His servant Moses.