970. The subject of Vastations will follow on at the end of this chapter.
1. And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
2. And let the fear of you and the terror of you be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every bird of heaven; even to everything that the ground maketh to creep forth, and to all the fishes of the sea, into your hands let them be given.
3. Every creeping thing that liveth shall be food for you; as the esculent herb [olus herbae] have I given it all to you.
4. Only the flesh with the soul thereof, the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
5. And surely your blood with your souls will I require; at the hand of every wild beast will I require it; and at the hand of man [homo], even at the hand of the man [vir] his brother, will I require the soul of man [homo].
6. Whoso sheddeth man's blood in man, his blood shall be shed; for in the image of God made He man.
7. And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and be ye multiplied therein.
8. And God said unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,
9. And I, behold, I establish My covenant with you, and with your seed after you;
10. And with every living soul that is with you, the fowl, the beast, and the wild animal of the earth with you; of all that go out of the ark, even every wild animal of the earth.
11. And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off anymore by the waters of the flood; neither shall there anymore be a flood to destroy the earth.
12. And God said, This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you and every living soul that is with you, for the generations of an age:
13. I have set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.
14. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud,
15. And I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living soul of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16. And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will see it, that I may remember the eternal covenant between God and every living soul of all flesh that is upon the earth.
17. And God said unto Noah, This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is upon the earth.
* * * * * * * *
18. And the sons of Noah, that went forth from the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth; and Ham is the father of Canaan.
19. These three were the sons of Noah; and from these was the whole earth overspread.
20. And Noah began to be a man of the ground, and he planted a vineyard:
21. And he drank of the wine and was drunken; and he was uncovered in the midst of his tent.
22. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
23. And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon their shoulders, both of them, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.
24. And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
25. And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be to his brethren.
26. And he said, Blessed be Jehovah, the God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
27. May God enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
28. And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years.
29. And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years; and he died.