9709. Those with whom the Internal Man has been closed, do not know that there is an Internal Man, neither do they believe that there is a heaven and an eternal life. And wonderful to say they nevertheless suppose that they think more wisely than others; for they love themselves and what belongs to them, and these they worship. It is otherwise in the case of those with whom the Internal Man has been opened toward heaven unto the Lord, for these are in the light of heaven, thus in illumination from the Lord; whereas the former are not in the light of heaven, but in the light of the world, and thus in illumination from self. Those who are illumined from self, and not from the Lord, see falsity as truth and evil as good.
1. And thou shalt make the altar of shittim wood, five cubits the length, and five cubits the breadth; the altar shall be foursquare; and the height thereof shall be three cubits.
2. And thou shalt make its horns upon the four corners thereof; from it shall be its horns; and thou shalt overlay it with brass.
3. And thou shalt make its pans to take away its ashes, and its shovels, and its basins, and its fleshhooks, and its fire-tongs; all the vessels thereof thou shalt make of brass.
4. And thou shalt make for it a grating, a network of brass; and upon the net shalt thou make four rings of brass, upon the four extremities of it.
5. And thou shalt bestow it under the compass of the altar beneath, and the net shall be even unto the middle of the altar.
6. And thou shalt make staves for the altar, staves of shittim wood, and shalt overlay them with brass.
7. And the staves thereof shall be put into the rings, and the staves shall be upon the two sides of the altar, in carrying it.
8. Hollow of boards shalt thou make it; as thou wast made to see in the mountain, so shall they make it.
9. And thou shalt make the court of the Habitation at the corner of the south southward; the hangings for the court shall be of fine twined linen, a hundred cubits the length at the one corner.
10. And the pillars thereof shall be twenty, and their bases twenty, of brass; the hooks of the pillars and their fillets shall be of silver.
11. And so at the corner of the north in length, there shall be hangings a hundred cubits in length, and the pillars there of twenty, and their bases twenty, of brass; the hooks of the pillars and their fillets of silver.
12. And the breadth of the court at the corner of the sea shall be hangings of fifty cubits; their pillars ten, and their bases ten.
13. And the breadth of the court at the corner of the east eastward shall be fifty cubits.
14. And the hangings for the one wing shall be fifteen cubits; the pillars thereof three, and their bases three.
15. And for the other wing shall be hangings of fifteen cubits; the pillars thereof three, and their bases three.
16. And for the gate of the court a covering of twenty cubits, of blue, and crimson, and scarlet double-dyed, and fine twined linen, the work of the embroiderer; its pillars four, and their bases four.
17. All the pillars of the court round about shall be filleted with fillets of silver; their hooks of silver, and their bases of brass.
18. The length of the court shall be a hundred cubits, and the breadth fifty by fifty; and the height five cubits, of fine twined linen, and their bases of brass.
19. And as for all the vessels of the Habitation in all the service thereof, all the pegs thereof, and all the pegs of the court, shall be of brass.
20. And thou shalt command the sons of Israel, and let them take unto thee olive oil, pure, beaten, for the luminary, to cause the lamp to go up continually.
21. In the Tent of meeting, without the veil which is over the Testimony, Aaron and his sons shall order it from evening until morning before Jehovah; a statute of an age for their generations with the sons of Israel.