9984. The delight itself which is in the love of doing what is good without any end of recompense, is the reward which remains to eternity; for every affection of love remains inscribed on the life. Into this there is insinuated by the Lord heaven and eternal happiness.
1. And this is the word that thou shalt do to them, to sanctify them, to minister to Me in the priest's office. Take one bullock, a son of the herd, and two rams without blemish;
2. And bread of unleavened things, and cakes of unleavened things mixed with oil, and wafers of unleavened things anointed with oil; of fine flour of wheat shalt thou make them.
3. And thou shalt put them upon one basket, and bring them near in the basket, and the bullock and the two rams.
4. And Aaron and his sons thou shalt bring near unto the door of the Tent of meeting, and shalt wash them with waters.
5. And thou shalt take the garments, and shalt clothe Aaron with the tunic, and the robe of the ephod, and the ephod, and the breastplate, and gird him with the girdle of the ephod.
6. And thou shalt set the miter upon his head, and put the crown of holiness upon the miter.
7. And thou shalt take the oil of anointing, and pour it upon his head, and anoint him.
8. And thou shalt bring near his sons, and clothe them with tunics.
9. And thou shalt gird them with a belt, Aaron and his sons, and shalt bind the tiaras on them, and the priesthood shall be to them for a statute of an age; and thou shalt fill the hand of Aaron and the hand of his sons.
10. And thou shalt bring near the bullock before the Tent of meeting; and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands upon the head of the bullock.
11. And thou shalt slay the bullock before Jehovah, at the door of the Tent of meeting.
12. And thou shalt take of the blood of the bullock, and shalt put it upon the horns of the altar with thy finger; and all the blood thou shalt pour out at the base of the altar.
13. And thou shalt take all the fat that covereth the intestines, and the caul upon the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and shalt burn them on the altar.
14. And the flesh of the bullock, and its skin, and its dung, shalt thou burn with fire without the camp; this is sin.
15. And thou shalt take one ram; and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands upon the head of the ram.
16. And thou shalt slay the ram, and thou shalt take its blood, and sprinkle it upon the altar round about.
17. And thou shalt cut the ram into its pieces, and shalt wash its intestines, and its legs, and put them upon its pieces, and upon its head.
18. And thou shalt burn with the whole ram upon the altar; this is a burnt-offering unto Jehovah; an odor of rest; an offering made by fire unto Jehovah is this.
19. And thou shalt take the second ram; and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands upon the head of the ram.
20. And thou shalt slay the ram, and shalt take of its blood, and shalt put it upon the lap of the ear of Aaron, and upon the lap of the right ear of his sons, and upon the thumb of their right hand, and upon the great toe of their right foot, and thou shalt sprinkle the blood upon the altar round about.
21. And thou shalt take of the blood that is upon the altar, and of the oil of anointing, and shalt sprinkle it upon Aaron, and upon his garments, and upon his sons, and upon the garments of his sons with him; and he shall be holy, and his garments, and his sons, and the garments of his sons with him.
22. And thou shalt take of the ram the fat, and the tail, and the fat that covereth the intestines, and the caul of the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and the right hind quarter; because a ram of fillings is he;
23. And one loaf of bread, and one cake of bread with oil, and one wafer, out of the basket of unleavened things that is before Jehovah;
24. And thou shalt put the whole upon the palms of Aaron, and upon the palms of his sons; and shalt wave them a wave offering before Jehovah.
25. And thou shalt take them from their hand, and shalt burn them on the altar upon the burnt-offering, for an odor of rest before Jehovah; an offering by fire is this to Jehovah.
26. And thou shalt take the breast from the ram of fillings, which is for Aaron, and shalt wave it a wave-offering before Jehovah; and it shall be to thee for a portion.
27. And thou shalt sanctify the breast of the waving, and the hind quarter of the uplifting, which is waved, and which is uplifted from the ram of fillings, of that which is for Aaron, and of that which is for his sons;
28. And it shall be to Aaron and his sons for a statute of an age from among the sons of Israel; for it is an uplifting; and it shall be an uplifting from among the sons of Israel of their peace sacrifices, their uplifting to Jehovah.
29. And the garments of holiness which are for Aaron shall be for his sons after him, to be anointed in them, and to fill in them their hand.
30. Seven days shall the priest after him of his sons put them on, who shall enter into the Tent of meeting to minister in the holy.
31. And thou shalt take the ram of fillings, and boil its flesh in a holy place.
32. And Aaron and his sons shall eat the flesh of the ram, and the bread that is in the basket, at the door of the Tent of meeting.
33. And they shall eat those things wherein expiation was made, to fill their hand, to sanctify them; and a stranger shall not eat, because they are holy.
34. And if there be anything left of the flesh of fillings, and of the bread, unto the morning, thou shalt burn what is left with fire; it shall not be eaten, because it is holy.
35. And thus shalt thou do to Aaron and to his sons, according to all that I have commanded thee; seven days shalt thou fill their hand.
36. And a bullock of sin thou shalt offer daily upon the propitiations; and thou shalt cleanse it from sin upon the altar in making thy propitiation upon it; and thou shalt anoint it, to sanctify it.
37. Seven days thou shalt make propitiation upon the altar, and shalt sanctify it, and the altar shall be a holy of holies; everyone that toucheth the altar shall be sanctified.
38. And this is what thou shalt offer upon the altar: two lambs, sons of a year, day by day, continually.
39. The one lamb thou shalt offer in the morning; and the other lamb thou shalt offer between the evenings;
40. And a tenth of fine flour mingled with beaten oil, a fourth of a hin, and a drink-offering of the fourth of a hin of wine for the first lamb.
41. And the second lamb thou shalt offer between the evenings; according to the meat-offering of the morning, and according to the drink-offering thereof, thou shalt do thereto, for an odor of rest, a fire-offering to Jehovah:
42. A continual burnt-offering to your generations at the door of the Tent of meeting before Jehovah; where I will meet with you, to speak unto thee there.
43. And there I will meet with the sons of Israel, and it shall be sanctified in My glory.
44. And I will sanctify the Tent of meeting, and the altar; and Aaron and his sons will I sanctify to minister to Me in the priest's office.
45. And I will dwell in the midst of the sons of Israel, and will be to them for God.
46. And they shall know that I am Jehovah their God, who have brought them out from the land of Egypt, that I may dwell in the midst of them; I am Jehovah their God.