20. FROM THE ARCANA COELESTIA.
Each and all things in the universe have relation to good and truth, and to evil and falsity; those things which are and are done according to Divine order, to good and truth; but those which are opposite to Divine order, to evil and falsity (n. 2452, 3166, 4390, 4409, 5232, 7256, 10122). Consequently everything in man has reference to the understanding and will, since the understanding is the recipient of truth, or of falsity; and the will the recipient of good, or of evil (n. 10122). At this day it is little known what truth in its genuine essence is, because it is little known what good is, when nevertheless all truth is from good, and all good is by truths (n. 2507, 3603, 4136, 9186, 9995).
There are four kinds of men:
1. Those who are in falsities from evil; and those who are in falsities not from evil.
2. Those who are in truths without good.
3. Those who are in truths, and by them look and tend to good.
4. Those who are in truths from good.
But each of these shall be spoken of in particular.