Search For: blows
Cross Check These Results at: Google | Yahoo | Bing | Ask
Resulted in: 0 - 11 of about 11
The Book of Isaiah 29
1 Woe to Ariel! Ariel, the city where David encamped! Add year to year; let the feasts come around; 2 then I will distress Ariel, and there will be mourning and lamentation. She shall be to me as an altar hearth. 3 I will encamp against you all around you, and will lay siege against you with posted tro...
The Book of Isaiah 40
1 "Comfort, comfort my people," says your God. 2 "Speak comfortably to Jerusalem; and call out to her that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned, that she has received of Yahweh's hand double for all her sins." 3 The voice of one who calls out,
The Book of Isaiah 54
1 "Sing, barren, you who didn't bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, you who did not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife," says Yahweh. 2 "Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of your habit...
The Gospel According to Luke 12
1 Meanwhile, when a multitude of many thousands had gathered together, so much so that they trampled on each other, he began to tell his disciples first of all, "Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. 2 But there is nothing covered up, that will not be revealed, nor hidden, that will not be known.
The Gospel According to John 3
1 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 The same came to him by night, and said to him, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do, unless God is with him." 3 Jesus answered him, "Most c...
A Disclosure of the Hidden Treasures of Heaven Contained in the Holy Scripture or Word of the Lord, Together with Amazing Things Seen in the World of Spirits and in the Heaven of Angels 9057
9057. Blow for blow. That this signifies if anything of affection in the intellectual be extinguished or injured, is evident from the signification of "a blow," as being the extinction or injuring of affection in the intellectual, that is, of the affection of truth. In the original tongue "blow" is expressed by a term which signifies the black and blue from a collection of bloo...
Wisdom's Delight in Marriage Love: Followed by Insanity’s Pleasure in Promiscuous Love 218
218. IX. THAT IN ITSELF THE INTELLIGENCE OF WOMEN IS MODEST, ELEGANT, PACIFIC, YIELDING, GENTLE, TENDER; AND THE INTELLIGENCE OF MEN IN ITSELF IS GRAVE, HARSH, HARD, SPIRITED, FOND OF LICENSE. That such is the nature of women and such the nature of men, is very manifest from the body, face, voice, speech, bearing, and manners of each. From their BODY, in that with men the skin and flesh are hard,...
Wisdom's Delight in Marriage Love: Followed by Insanity’s Pleasure in Promiscuous Love 252
252. XVI. THAT THE FIRST CAUSE OF LEGITIMATE SEPARATION IS A BLEMISH OF THE MIND, is because conjugial love is a conjunction of minds. Therefore, if the mind of the one departs from that of the other into what is diverse, the conjunction is dissolved and therewith love vanishes. As to what the blemishes are which make separation, this can be seen from a recital of them. For the most part, they are...
Wisdom's Delight in Marriage Love: Followed by Insanity’s Pleasure in Promiscuous Love 472
472. IX. THAT WEIGHTY CAUSES ARE REAL WHEN BASED ON WHAT IS JUST. For the knowing of these causes, it suffices to recite some that are real, such as an absence of parental love and the consequent rejection of infants; intemperance, drunkenness, uncleanness, shamelessness; proneness to divulge the secrets of the home, to quarrel, strike blows, take revenge, do evil, steal, deceive; internal dissimi...
True Christian Religion: Containing the Whole Theology of the New Church Predicted by the Lord in Daniel 7:13-14 and Revelation 21:1-2 90
90. Those who do not know that the Divine omnipotence proceeds and operates in accordance with order, may hatch from their fancies many things that are opposed to and in conflict with sound reason; as why God did not assume the Human immediately without such stages of development; why He did not create or bring together a body for Himself out of elements drawn from the four quarters of the world,...
True Christian Religion: Containing the Whole Theology of the New Church Predicted by the Lord in Daniel 7:13-14 and Revelation 21:1-2 122
122. That the Lord has delivered the spiritual world, and through it will deliver the church from universal damnation, may be illustrated by comparison with a king who by victories over his enemy liberates his sons the princes, whom the enemy had captured and imprisoned and bound in fetters, and restores them to his court; also by comparison with a shepherd, who like Samson and David rescues his s...